Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Melons.












Reason: Taste and Texture

I thought about listing each melon as its own separate entry, but that seemed a bit gratuitous. Seeing as how I can only come up with hard and fast complaints about 3 melons (though I don't like their distant cousins, squash/cucumbers, either), I thought it best to condense my rants into a single post.

Cantaloupes/Honeydews: There's something just not quite right about them. In this case, it's less about texture than taste. There's a weird metallic element to those two, and while I have tried them , I've never been able to get past that. The thought of eating cantaloupe with salt on it just adds to the atrocity.

Watermelon: The opposite is true with this one; I think their taste is something I could handle if it wasn't for the feeling of eating a mouthful of sand. What's more, I love the idea of watermelon and how it fits in to summer funtimes, and for that reason, I really wish I did like watermelon. However, I hate mealy tomatoes. The same feeling is extended to the watermelon.

Of all of the food items that people promote to me like it is their personal mission to win my conversion and thus garner all the brownie points in heaven, melons might be number one. As the blog grows, I might have more to add to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment