Friday, November 27, 2009

Eggs.















Reason: Texture, taste, smell, sight.

I can remember eating them as a little kid, but my dad once made me a whole mess of "green eggs" (you know, like Dr. Seuss), and they didn't stay put. Since that day I can stomach neither the smell nor the sight of eggs.

In my basement, I have an apartment that I rent out, usually to friends or acquaintances. The kitchen of that apartment is right below my bedroom. My friend Travis lived down there for about 6 months and every fucking morning he made eggs. I probably could have requested that he stop, but I either (a) am a glutton for punishment, or (b) didn't feel right about asking someone not to cook something that's perfectly reasonable to most people and offers a lot of good nutrients to those who choose to dig in. It's likely a bit of both.

It's typical of my father to have the best of food intentions, but for me to break his heart by either not eating something or having a vom later because it was gross. Here's the photo of the green eggs he made. You see if you egg-eaters can even stomach looking at them. Funny that the experience didn't put me off bacon. Honestly, the eggs in this photo look like they were affected by tint and hue retouching.

No comments:

Post a Comment